RWD - rear end "upper radius arm bushing'? 1992 240 sedan

Volvo RWD 200 Forum

INDEX FOR 9/2019(CURRENT) INDEX FOR 10/2013 200 INDEX [<<]  [>>]

 VIEW    REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE Replies to this message will be emailed.    PRINT   SAVE   A    A 

rear end "upper radius arm bushing'? 1992 240 sedan 200

My 1992 240 sedan (300k+) has a serious kerchunk in the rear when I shift. Due to back problems I can't crawl under the car myself to look.

Last time I had the oil changed the station wrote that I needed "upper radius arm bushings" replaced (1.5 hours?) but they don't want to do that work. I got the impression from him that there were at least two that needed to be replaced... one near each side of the rear axle? I also had the impression he was saying they connected the read end to the chassis.

When I look at my Bentley manual I can't find anything with that exact name, nor when looking on the Internet. So... is it actually or more commonly called something else?

Bentley shows a rear end diagram on 650-1. Could they mean the bushings between the "track rod" and the "body cross member"?

My idea is to buy the bushings online then find somewhere to have them replaced.

Keith Ostertag


New rear end &quot;upper radius arm bushing'? 1992 240 sedan [200]
posted by  keithostertag  on Fri Dec 28 10:28 CST 2018 >

Cut and paste link:

<< < > >>

Users marked in green are currently online.

©Jarrod Stenberg 1997-2016. All material except where indicated.

Brickboard.com is not affiliated with nor sponsored by AB Volvo, Volvo Car Corporation, Volvo Cars of North America, Inc. Brickboard.com is a Volvo owner/enthusiast site, similar to a club, and does not intend to pose as an official Volvo site. The official Volvo site can be found here.

All participants agree to these terms.
Powered by Denizen - Custom Software for Enthusiasts